Pump It Up (PIU) arcade pad sensor / floor switch. These are classic style long PIU sensors.
- Compatible with Pump It Up arcade machine
- Choose from PIU or DDR plug. The PIU plug is compatible with PIU, ITG, DDRX and DDRX2. The DDR plug is compatible with standard Dance Dance Revolution arcade pads (sensor/channel modification may be required).
- Can be used to upgrade other dance pads
- Material: 100% silicone + metal wire + 2pins plug
- Size: L 6.4" x W 0.7" x H 0.3"
Please note these are the long style PIU sensors so modification may be required for them to fit in some pads. For a shorter version see our PIU, ITG, DDRA & DDRX Arcade Pad Sensor.
~If for any reason you are not happy with the part you can get a full refund within 30 days~
If you're anything like me, you're an idiot that decided to buy a DDRX (raw thrills) machine. As you might be aware there are ZERO resources online for modding these machines, and your stock sensors are very likely due for replacement. Be advised that these sensors are a bit slimmer than the originals, so if you just pop them in and just place the plastic and acrylic panels back on they will not register at all. ALSO they are longer than the originals. You have to be prepared to get creative to get them to work.
I did two things. First I trimmed off about half a centimeter of the rubber from the bottom end of the censor so it would fit within the wood enclosure (if you expose the metal in the sensor you took off too much but it'll still work). Second I put a couple layers of foam tape underneath the sensor on the wood to lift it up a bit so the plastic layer under the acrylic can make contact with the sensors.
Thank you very much ddrpad for being here for me and helping keeping this hobby alive!